- Total: 1 hr(includes cooling time)
- Active: 10 min
- Yield:about 5 cups
Chipotle Spice Blend:
1 tablespoon sugar
2 to 3 teaspoons chipotle powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
Vegetable oil, for oiling the baking sheet
1 large egg white
3 cups unsalted raw cashews
1 cup rice or corn cereal squares
1/2 cup corn nuts
1/2 cup mini pretzels
1/2 cup oyster crackers
1 cup cheese popcorn
- For the chipotle spice blend: Mix together the sugar, chipotle powder, coriander, cumin, lime zest, granulated garlic and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- For the nuts: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- Put the egg white in a large bowl and whisk until frothy. Add the cashews, cereal, corn nuts, pretzels, and oyster crackers and toss to coat in the egg white. Add the spice blend and toss to coat again.
- Spread the nut mixture evenly on the prepared baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet, then stir in the popcorn and transfer to a large bowl.
- Copyright 2016 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Source: Read Full Article