Active Time: 10 MinsTotal Time25 Mins
Yield: Serves 6
If you think turnip greens are only edible if they are simmered in a pot of liquid and seasoned with a ham hock, check out this recipe. This summer salad makes delicious use of abundant produce such as fresh turnip greens, heirloom grape tomatoes, and colorful watermelon radishes. Ideal as a side dish for a summer cookout, the hearty greens and cauliflower lend enough bulk to make this salad a main dish. Feel free to add other summer vegetables to the recipe, such as chopped zucchini, yellow squash, or cucumbers. We’ve topped this salad with Green Goddess Dressing for even more flavor.
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot (from 1 shallot)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 cups chopped fresh turnip greens (from 1 [16-oz.] pkg. or 1 bunch greens)
- 4 cups purple cauliflower florets (from 1 head cauliflower)
- 2 cups baby kale (2 oz.)
- 1 cup watermelon radishes, cut into thin strips (from 2 medium radishes)
- 1 cup heirloom grape tomatoes, halved (from 1 pt.)
- Green Goddess Dressing
How to Make It
Stir together vinegar, crushed tomatoes, chopped shallot, sage, and lime juice in a medium bowl, and let stand 5 minutes. Whisk in honey, salt, Dijon mustard, and hot sauce. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly, until smooth.
Massage 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette into turnip greens, cauliflower, baby kale, radishes, and tomatoes, and let stand 10 minutes (to help tenderize the greens). Serve salad with remaining vinaigrette or top with Green Goddess Dressing.
Source: Read Full Article