Active Time: N/ATotal Time20 MIN
Yield: Serves : 4
Gently crushing the cucumbers for this salad releases their aroma and creates nooks and crannies for soaking up the dressing. They still retain plenty of crunch, a great contrast to the rich, creamy butter beans. Don’t skip the tarragon here; its fragrance and delicate anise flavor give the dish a refreshing pop.Slideshow: More Cucumber Salad Recipes
- 1 pound Persian cucumbers, halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
How to Make It
Working with one cucumber half at a time, use the side of a large knife to lightly crush the cucumber. Repeat with remaining cucumber halves. Tear crushed cucumbers into chunks.
Whisk together oil, vinegar, shallot, and mustard in a serving bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Fold in crushed cucumbers, butter beans, and tarragon. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
Source: Read Full Article