"Roasted cauliflower and onions add incredible flavor to this easy curried cauliflower soup, and a potato thickens it up a bit."
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place cauliflower and onions on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper; mix to coat.
- Place in the preheated oven and roast until cauliflower is browned and cooked, but not too soft, about 25 minutes.
- While cauliflower is roasting, melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir in potato and turmeric. Add stock and increase heat to medium; bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until potato is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower and onions from the oven. Place 1 cup cauliflower in a bowl and set aside. Add remaining cauliflower and onions to the soup. Return soup to a simmer and cook until flavors have melded, about 5 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, place almonds in a dry skillet over low heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Adjust seasoning as needed. Ladle into bowls, add reserved cauliflower, and top with toasted almonds.
Per Serving: 329 calories;18.7 g fat;36.4 g carbohydrates;8.2 g protein;15 mg cholesterol;967 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article